A Typical Day


I know plenty of my friends out there are pretty curious as to what it’s like having a job where you just get to play around, so I’ll list off what I did on Friday of last week.

I had the morning off, so I was pretty lazy. Did a little cleaning around the house and some reading, then headed over to work around noon. Four of us coaches planned on riding at lunch time, so we took two boats out. I went with Bob Sichel, the son of the Camp owner, and an up and coming rider; he shreds.

I rode first, the water was right around 50° F, so I wore a full wetsuit. We had three campers in the boat to watch us ride, Leo, Ciarn, and Owen (those are all spelled incorrectly) of Ireland. The weather was sunny and the air was calm, so the water was super glassy. I slid around a bit, but then the boat started acting up and wouldn’t rev over 3,000 rpm. That killed our session, but it was an easy fix. Dang.

So then I coached in the afternoon. I had the Irishmen. The other boat had Nick from Greece and Jeroe from the Netherlands. My guys had been here all week and were looking to do a little free riding on the wakeboards, then each wanted some time on the wakeskate. So I didn’t really do much coaching, just driving and rocking to good music, getting entertained by some hilarious crazy people. They were all beginners, but had a great week and learned a lot. It was a very fun afternoon, and I even had my first experience pulling a guy wakeboarding while only wearing a speedo and a life jacket – horrible but awesome.

After that easy afternoon, Bob and I got ready to ride again. This time the boat behaved well. I had a fun set. My best feeling move was a switch heelside 360 that I got a decent mute grab on. I finished with plenty of time, so I am planning on getting my switch hs 5 next week. Then Bob rode and had an awesome set. I think it was the first time that he got three of his toughest moves landed in one set: heelside backside 540, huge melan front mobe, and a dum dum. Awesome set, that kid’s getting good.

We then took the boats out of the lake, wiped them down, gassed them up, put the covers on, put the boards away, and ate some dinner. Right now we have Cam, a French-Canadian girl, who is an awesome chef. So dinner was good. I went home, took a shower and nap, then got a text from my roommate and fellow employee, Cason, telling me to go to Sports On Tap. That’s the sports bar across the street from work. So I did.

It’s typical when we have cool campers for a week that we go over there to have one last fun hang out. Unfortunately, most people choose to get sloppy drunk for a fun time…which gets a bit old, but oh well. So I went over, had my usual water, and watched some Irish dudes do their thing. There was some good entertainment. I left before the rest of the crew and I think I watched some basketball or something and went to bed.

So there ya have it, my Friday. This week is looking real nice, I was driving around today with my windows down, it feels like spring/summer down here. This should be a great riding week. I’m hoping to start landing some new stuff. Peace out!

Comments (2)

“horrible but awesome” I claim that to be used on a t-shirt.

Wow! Thank you very much!
I always wanted to write in my blog something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?
Of course, I will add backlink?

Sincerely, Timur I.